Spicy Lemon Cauliflower Rice
Spicy lemon cauliflower rice is a simple side dish with a little chili heat and lemony zest for a flavorful and nutritious vegan alternative.
- Author: Denise
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grate
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1-2 red chilis, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (3 scallions)
- salt (optional)
- Trim and wash the cauliflower. Cut it into florets, rinse and pat it dry.
- If using a hand grater, cut the cauliflower into quarters, making it easier (and safer to handle). For a food processor, use the coarse blade and cut the florets small enough to fit.
- Turn the cauliflower rice out on a plate or cutting board lined with paper towels. Put another towel on top and press to release as much moisture as possible.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients by thinly slicing the 2 red chilis, grating the lemon for the zest and juicing the rest of the lemon. Chop the coriander (cilantro) and slice 3 scallions (1/2 cup).
- Heat a medium to large skillet. Add the lemon juice, zest, red chilis, and scallions. Stir the ingredients for 30 seconds and cauliflower. Stir to heat through.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro. Taste and add more lemon juice and salt if desired.
- Serve immediately
- Store leftover cauliflower rice in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze it for up to a month. After freezing, press it after thawing to catch any accumulated moisture.
- Reheat cauliflower rice in a steamer basket or in the microwave.
Keywords: spicy lemon cauliflower rice, riced cauliflower