Quick Pickled Red Onions
4-ingredient, no cook, quick pickled red onions take minutes to make for a healthy, oil-free, zesty flavor to brighten your favorite recipes.
- Author: Denise
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Method: Marnaide
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red wine, raspberry, or merlot vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of date sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice the onions. Thinly slice the onions into rings, cut them half from top to stem, and cut them into half-moon shapes.
- Make the pickling brine. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Massage and marinate. Add the onions and lightly massage the onions with the liquid for about 3 minutes. Cover the bowl and allow the onions to marinate for 1 hour for best results.
- The prep time includes 1 hour to marinate the onions. This can also be done overnight in the refrigerator.
- Store red onions in the refrigerator in a sealed mason jar or container that won’t readily absorb the onion flavor. Pickled onions will keep fresh for 7 days.
Keywords: quick pickled red onions, no cook, quick pickles