Easy Greek-style flatbread pizza with hummus is where Greek salad veggies meet vegan flatbread pizza topped with herby oil-free vinaigrette. Top all this yumminess over sweet potato flatbread and be prepared to be wowed.
⭐ Recipe Highlights
Crispy Greek salad. Traditional Greek salad veggies, such as tomatoes, red onions, green peppers, and fresh herbs, are a different experience than other pizza recipes. We added a few twists like black olives and avocado.
Flatbread pizza crust. We love this recipe as mini pizzas using sweet potato flatbread as the pizza base. Making your homemade flatbread is super easy too. You can also use pre-made traditional flatbread or grab your favorite flatbread recipe. Pita bread or naan bread can also serve as a stand if you don’t have flatbread available.
Hummus. How about that for an easy pizza ‘sauce’? Yep, we're skipping the tomato sauce. You can make hummus without added oil or go for the standby you grab at the grocery store.
Herb vinaigrette. Quick 4-ingredient herb vinaigrette drizzled over the top of loaded flatbread pizza adds zesty flavor.
📋 Ingredients, Notes, & Substitutions
In addition to the flatbread and hummus, there are a few simple ingredients to discuss to prepare you for Greek pizza nirvana.
Sliced veggies – Greek salad veggies for our version of this recipe include slices of red onion, green pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Include or substitute with red bell pepper or diced tomatoes or add any of your favorite pizza toppings. Adjust as you like.
Parsley – Chopped fresh parsley, either flat leaf (Italian-style) or curly, adds a peppery flavor. Fresh basil leaves would be a delicious addition too.
Olives – Black, green, or kalamata olives are always favorite toppings for pizza. Not an olive fan or want something lower in fat? Consider sliced artichoke hearts.
Avocado –Small diced avocado adds a smooth texture to the crunchy veggies, and well, any excuse will do, right?
Red wine vinegar – Sharp, sweet red wine vinegar gives the vinaigrette a clean, fresh taste. The best substitutes are Sherry vinegar or a mixture of raspberry and white wine vinegar.
Oregano – Dried oregano gives the vinaigrette a traditional Greek salad dressing flavor. If you don’t have oregano, an Italian herb blend or Italian seasoning will do.
🔪 Pro tips & notes
If you’re making sweet potato flatbread (and you should), start there. You can whip up the hummus, toppings, and dressing while the sweet potatoes steam and the flatbread bakes.
- Heat the flatbread if desired.
- Spread hummus on each flatbread.
- Stack add the onions, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Add the chopped parsley, sliced olives, and diced avocado.
- Serve with the dressing.
Add the dressing immediately before serving the pizzas or separately on the side. This keeps the crust from getting mushy.
💭 Common Questions
If you follow my sweet potato flatbread and hummus recipes, then your Greek flatbread pizza contains no added oil. There is a natural oil in tahini (hummus), olives, and avocado; however, these ingredients offer high-quality nutritional value. They are all part of a whole food, plant-based diet.
If you want to serve this pizza as a warm dinner, spread the hummus on the flatbread pizza base, then add the onions, peppers, tomatoes, and olives. Bake the pizza until the vegetables are tender. Add the parsley, avocado, and dressing after baking.
🍴 What to serve with Greek flatbread pizza
Traveling food! Flatbread pizza makes a quick lunch or hearty snack. It's also a great camping recipe because you can prep the veggies and make the hummus, dressing, and flatbread days ahead. All you'll need to do is peel and slice and avocado. This creates an easy 10-minute meal. Cut the veggies small, and they can even be eaten with your hands.
Suppose you want to serve it for dinner with a side. In that case, there are many options, including sweet potato or regular potato fries. If you want to keep with a theme, Greek baked beans make a tasty side. Looking for a side salad? Here are a few to consider:
Orange, carrot, & cucumber slaw
Greek flatbread pizzas are best served freshly made. For this reason, it’s best to store the flatbread, hummus, chopped veggies, and vinaigrette separately and in the fridge. What’s great about that is you will have a freshly made pizza in about 10 minutes – even with heating the flatbread.
📖 Related recipes
Easy Greek Style Flatbread Pizza with Hummus
Easy Greek-style flatbread pizza with hummus is where Greek salad veggies meet vegan flatbread pizza topped with herby oil-free vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 pizzas 1x
- Category: pizza
- Cuisine: Greek
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 batch of sweet potato flatbread
- 1 ½ cups hummus
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup black or kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Prep the veggies. Thin slice the onions and peppers. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and slice the olives. Peel and dice the avocado and chop the parsley.
- Make the dressing. Mix the vinegar, minced garlic, maple syrup, and oregano.
- Heat the flatbread. For homemade or commercial flatbread, heat for 1-2 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F. (220 C.).
- Make the pizzas. Spread about ¼ a cup of hummus over each flatbread. Then, add the sliced onions and peppers. Top with the tomatoes, olives, and avocado. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve. Add the dressing right before serving or serve it on the side.
- The prep and cooking time reflect making the flatbread and hummus and prepping the veggies and dressing. You can prep everything a day ahead if needed.
- The nutritional information includes using homemade sweet potato flatbread and oil-free hummus. Your nutritional value, including fat and calories, will vary depending on your ingredients.
- .Greek flatbread pizzas are best when made fresh on demand. Store the flatbread, hummus, vegetables, and dressing separately. Wait to add the dressing until right before eating for the ultimate freshness.
Keywords: Greek-style flatbread pizza with hummus
Leave a Reply